October 6, 2018
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
3420 Tampa Road
Margaret Wright, MS, BSN, CNHP
$10.00 (for supplies and ingredients)
Everyday items can be toxic and can cause or contribute to ill-health. There are options to using harmful products or paying high prices for organic alternatives. Make your own! Easy, inexpensive and fun!
The workshop focuses on how to make personal care and household products that are healthy and non-toxic as well as inexpensive.
Make and Take: Body lotion and face scrub
Recipes for personal care products, home care products.
Listing of plants that clean the air.
RESERVATIONS REQUIRED! Seating Limited to 12
- ¼ cup organic EVOO
- 12oo IU Vitamin E
- 36 drops (total) essential oils of choice
- Heat gently in a glass or stainless-steel pan ¼ cup emulsifying wax
- Add to heated oils until dissolved and remove from heat
- Gently add 1¼ cups almost boiling distilled water
- Stir with a stainless-steel implement
- Pour into (preferable) glass container
- Stir every few minutes until it cools and starts to thicken
- Leave uncovered until COMPLETELY cooled (about 4 hours)
- Cover tightly until ready to use. Should last 3-6 months.
- Especially for Women: lemon, lemon balm, frankincense
- Bugg-Off (ticks, mosquitos, no-see ‘ems): geranium, pennyroyal
- Antiseptic: “thieves”-type mixture (Nature’s Shield Blend from NOW Foods).